Live Action Quick Tips
Did you know….
Less than $20
Slap Ya Mama Meatloaf Recipe:
1-2 lbs beef
1 cup onion
1/2 cup green peppers
1/3 cup bread crumbs
1 teaspoon salt & pepper
1/2 teaspoon cayenne
1 teaspoon garlic powder
1-2 teaspoons Pappy’s Seasoning
1/3 cup Ketchup
2 tablespoon brown sugar
2 tablespoon mustard
6 slices if bacon
1. Grab a big bowl and combine 1-2 lbs beef, 1 cup onion, 1/2 cup green peppers, 1/3 cup bread crumbs,2 eggs, 1 teaspoon salt & pepper, 1/2 teaspoon cayenne, 1 teaspoon garlic powder, 1-2 teaspoons Pappy’s Seasoning and use your old fashion fingers to massage the ingredients like a potter molding a masterpiece.
2. In a separate bowl combine 1/3 cup Ketchup, 2 tablespoon brown sugar and 2 tablespoon mustard and mix with fork (This is your sauce!)
3. In a Pyrex rectangular dish place beef mix and shape ever so gently into a log shape.
4. Pour Ketchup sauce over meatloaf in Pyrex dish.
5. Place Pyrex dish in oven at 350 degrees for 55 minutes.
6. While Meatloaf is cooking fry bacon until almost crispy, place on paper towel to drain excess grease and then place on top of meatloaf in oven after meatloaf has cooked for 40 minutes.
7. Remove meatloaf and plate.
If you have seen the Christmas Story on TV during the holidays then you remember how meatloaf was a dish of hate for kids but a dish of love for adults.
Meatloaf to me is an American Heritage and something my Mom has cooked for me and my brothers and I’m sure your mother has laid this meaty treat in front of you as a kid as well.
It’s like you took Spaghetti meat and placed it in a big ball and then laid it out in front of mad hungry lions who will soon take a bite out of it. Something about tomato sauce and meat in a huge log pile just makes American’s happy. 🙂
Everyone has a favorite way of eating meatloaf and my way is with bacon on top and smothered in homemade tomato sauce.
My mom puts her southern foot in her meatloaf and adds brown sugar and mustard to her sauce which is her mad scientist ingredients that leaves you in an abyss of delight and confusion on how can someone makes something this good.
Is there MSG in here? Did you inject this with McDonald’s secret sauce?
This thing is just fantastic! You can eat meatloaf with anything.
You can eat it with mash potatoes, with salad, with fruit, with garlic bread, with asparagus, with apples.
I don’t care what you make it with, but I guarantee you will be happy if you are served with a good recipe like the one above. The other good news is you will definitely have leftovers and everyone at the table will be stuffed and gleeful at the table.
Delectably satisfied and emotionally loved! That’s what live action eating is all about!
Enjoy the recipe people! If you have never tried meatloaf then you may be from another country. If that is the case, then you need to go find an American diner and go try it out. I promise you that you won’t be disappointed.
I’ll see you next time on my next adventure. I look forward to seeing you soon!
Eating is an enjoyable way of life.Live it..Learn it..Love it!
Trevis Dampier Sr.
Kimi Harris (Fri, Feb 14, 2014 at 12:06 PM). 5 little known facts about the history of meatloaf. http://www.mnn.com/food/healthy-eating/blogs/5-little-known-facts-about-the-history-of-meatloaf#ixzz3TxAGy3xm.