Azerbaijan launched a “wide-scale offensive” in Nagorno-Karabakh pounding with Israeli Harop UAVs, Spike ATGMs as well as Turkish Bayraktar TB2 positions of Armenians along the front line.
Nagorno-Karabakh’s capital, Stepanakert, and other towns in the region are under heavy fire.
Baku has launched the first phase of the new war operation aimed at the total occupation of Artsakh or Nagorno-Karabakh.
The prime minister of Armenia, N. Pashinyan, has already “erased” the region… The developments inside Armenia are expected to be rapid as the ultimate goal of the Azeris is the union with the enclave of Nakhchivan.
According to information, the airspace over Nagorno-Karabakh has been “closed”. Baku had earlier announced that four Azeri policemen and two civilians had been killed in a landmine explosion in Nagorno-Karabakh, and had accused the enclave’s separatists of being responsible for these “terrorist” actions.
The six people were killed when the vehicles they were traveling in hit mines on the road between Susa and Fizuli, two towns in Nagorno-Karabakh controlled by Azerbaijan, Azerbaijani security services said. According to the same source, the police officers were killed around 04:30 local time (3:30 Greek time) when the van they were in hit a mine near a tunnel construction site. Civilians were killed by another mine in the same area.
Azerbaijan’s security services claimed that a group of Armenian separatist “saboteurs” planted these mines and called it a “terrorist act”.
Today’s incidents come a day after humanitarian aid managed to reach the enclave. Yerevan accuses Baku of causing a humanitarian crisis in Nagorno-Karabakh by closing at the end of 2022 the Lachin Corridor, the only land route connecting the mountainous enclave to Armenia.
Azerbaijan declared war on Nagorno-Karabakh
According to a statement issued by the Ministry of Defense of Azerbaijan, today, Tuesday, September 19, 2023, “anti-terrorist operations” were launched against Armenian positions and targets in Nagorno-Karabakh, for the “restoration of constitutional order” in the disputed enclave, while it is known that the Russian and the Turkish side have been informed and will be informed about the course of operations.
In particular, Baku emphasizes that the military forces of Azerbaijan launched the attacks with the aim of “suppressing the large-scale provocations in the Nagorno-Karabakh region, disarming and ensuring the withdrawal of the formations of the armed forces of Armenia from these territories, neutralizing the Armenian military infrastructure and ultimately restore the constitutional order of the Republic of Azerbaijan.”
For its part, the Ministry of Defense of Armenia stated that:
“Azerbaijan’s official reports and mass media again continue to spread false statements that there are Armenian means, equipment and personnel in Nagorno-Karabakh. We have repeatedly stated that Armenia does not have an army in Nagorno-Karabakh.”
In the announcement it is clarified that ” to achieve the above objectives, high-precision weapons are used and positions, means, personnel and facilities of Armenia are destroyed, without, however, targeting the civilian population and infrastructure” .
Finally, it is pointed out that the administration of the Russian peacekeeping force and the leadership of the Observatory that Turkey and Russia have jointly established for the region have been informed about these actions and will continue to be informed.
Nagorno-Karabakh: “Azerbaijan aims at ethnic cleansing” says Armenia
Armenia has denounced a “large-scale offensive” launched by Azerbaijan in Nagorno-Karabakh, with Yerevan saying Baku’s aim is to carry out “ethnic cleansing” of the disputed enclave in the southern Caucasus, which is populated mainly by Armenians.
“Azerbaijan has launched a new large-scale attack against the people of Nagorno-Karabakh, seeking to complete its policy of ethnic cleansing,” the Armenian Foreign Ministry said in a statement.
Armenian authorities in the enclave, which belongs to Azerbaijan, said the Azeris were shelling the entire area along the front line with rockets and artillery.
Nagorno-Karabakh’s capital, Stepanakert, and other towns in the region are under “heavy fire.”
They report that they are trying to “resist” the Azeri army which is trying to advance “deep” into the enclave.
Azerbaijani armed forces are trying to advance in depth (…) Defense forces continue to resist Azerbaijan’s offensive along the entire line of contact,” they said specifically.
Geham Stepanian, human rights ombudsman for the Republic of Artsakh (s.b.: the name given by Armenians to Nagorno-Karabakh)” spoke of “numerous casualties” among civilians from the shelling by the Azeri army.
Two civilians were killed and 11 wounded by attacks by the Azeri army that launched a military operation in Nagorno-Karabakh, according to him. Children are among the injured, he said.
Azerbaijan is trying to occupy the population centers of Karabakh
Azerbaijan’s Defense Ministry also announced that civilians can leave the Karabakh region through humanitarian corridors to Armenia and other directions.
The ministry called on civilians to stay away from what it described as legitimate military targets under attack by Army forces.
Azerbaijani forces are trying to capture the population centers of Karabakh, Armenian Prime Minister Nikol Pashinyan said this afternoon, according to the Russian Interfax news agency.
Pashinyan stressed that he is in contact with the leaders of the Karabakh separatists and expects Russian peacekeepers to act in order to stabilize the situation.
“Some forces, both internal and external, are trying to drag Armenia into war. Once again I confirm: There are no Armed Forces of Armenia in Nagorno-Karabakh,” added the Armenian Prime Minister.
He added that the situation on the Armenian-Azerbaijani border remains “stable” and that Armenia is “not involved in armed actions.”
At the same time, he emphasized that there are calls “from various places” for a coup in Armenia against the background of the Azeri attack.
Armenia vs. Russia: Stop the attack!
At the same time, Armenian diplomacy emphasized that Russian peacekeeping forces in the region must “stop the aggression” of Azerbaijan . It is recalled that Russia is a guarantor of the truce reached after the last Armenia-Azerbaijan war in 2020.
“Russian peacekeeping forces deployed in Nagorno-Karabakh must take clear and unequivocal measures to put an end to Azerbaijan’s aggression ,” Yerevan said.
Ahead of the developments, Moscow emphasized that it was notified only “a few minutes” before the start of Baku’s “anti-terrorist operations” in the region.
“There is information circulating in the media, according to which the Azerbaijani side notified the Russian peacekeeping forces “in advance” (…) This is not true. The information was shared with the Russian mission a few minutes before the start of hostilities,” Russian diplomatic spokeswoman Maria Zakharova said on Telegram.
Following the latest developments, Armenian Prime Minister Nikol Pashinyan requested the urgent convening of the UN Security Council.
Baku emphasized that peace with Armenia is possible only in case of “total” withdrawal of Armenians from Nagorno-Karabakh.
“The only way to achieve peace and stability in the region is the unconditional and complete withdrawal of the Armenian armed forces from the Azerbaijani region of Karabakh and the dissolution of the so-called separatist regime,” Azerbaijan’s diplomacy said in a statement .
Azerbaijan-Armenia hostilities. An overview of the events will be posted in this thread.— NOELREPORTS 🇪🇺 🇺🇦 (@NOELreports) September 19, 2023
Air alarm, drone noises and gunfire is heard in the Karabakh region.
"We are starting anti-terrorist measures in Karabakh to restore the constitutional order," The Ministry of Defense of Azerbaijan reports. Meanwhile in Stepanakert, residents report that the outskirts are being shelled. pic.twitter.com/WEfrpqD7eq— NOELREPORTS 🇪🇺 🇺🇦 (@NOELreports) September 19, 2023
A kamikaze drone of the Armed Forces of Azerbaijan was spotted over Stepanakert. It is assumed that these are the Israeli "Harop", which Azerbaijan actively used during the previous conflict that lasted for 44 days. pic.twitter.com/4ICtFjRx5I— Sprinter (@Sprinter99800) September 19, 2023
Rapid recognition symbols in Azerbaijan’s troops: It will “cut” Southern Armenia “in two” to connect with Nakhchivan! – Iranian forces on the border! – WarNews247
The developments in the Caucasus are hectic, as protesters are besieging the government buildings in Yerevan, demanding that the Prime Minister of Armenia, N. Pashinyan, resign immediately. Pashinyan accuses circles inside and outside the country of “seeking a coup”.
A little while ago, snipers were deployed outside government buildings and the presidential palace while the Police are struggling to push back the enraged Armenians.
The Tribulation is commencing..
Please repent, carry your cross daily and accept the free gift of Jesus Christ’s Death on the Cross for payment for your sins.
#Yahweh #Yeshua #HolySpirit #LordAlmighty #SovereignLord #Nameaboveallnames #TheWay #TheTruth #TheLife #TheGate #Heaven #KingdomofHeaven #Saved #Glorified #Endtimes #LastDays #FeastofTrumpets #markofthebeast #verseoftheday #birthpains #Judgement #Christian #Christianity #hope #love #Jesus #Christ