Live Action Quick Tips
Did you know….
Less than $20
Slap Ya Mama Meatloaf Recipe:
1-2 lbs beef
1 cup onion
1/2 cup green peppers
1/3 cup bread crumbs
1 teaspoon salt & pepper
1/2 teaspoon cayenne
1 teaspoon garlic powder
1-2 teaspoons Pappy’s Seasoning
1/3 cup Ketchup
2 tablespoon brown sugar
2 tablespoon mustard
6 slices if bacon
1. Grab a big bowl and combine 1-2 lbs beef, 1 cup onion, 1/2 cup green peppers, 1/3 cup bread crumbs,2 eggs, 1 teaspoon salt & pepper, 1/2 teaspoon cayenne, 1 teaspoon garlic powder, 1-2 teaspoons Pappy’s Seasoning and use your old fashion fingers to massage the ingredients like a potter molding a masterpiece.
2. In a separate bowl combine 1/3 cup Ketchup, 2 tablespoon brown sugar and 2 tablespoon mustard and mix with fork (This is your sauce!)
3. In a Pyrex rectangular dish place beef mix and shape ever so gently into a log shape.
4. Pour Ketchup sauce over meatloaf in Pyrex dish.
5. Place Pyrex dish in oven at 350 degrees for 55 minutes.
6. While Meatloaf is cooking fry bacon until almost crispy, place on paper towel to drain excess grease and then place on top of meatloaf in oven after meatloaf has cooked for 40 minutes.
7. Remove meatloaf and plate.
If you have seen the Christmas Story on TV during the holidays then you remember how meatloaf was a dish of hate for kids but a dish of love for adults.
Meatloaf to me is an American Heritage and something my Mom has cooked for me and my brothers and I’m sure your mother has laid this meaty treat in front of you as a kid as well.
It’s like you took Spaghetti meat and placed it in a big ball and then laid it out in front of mad hungry lions who will soon take a bite out of it. Something about tomato sauce and meat in a huge log pile just makes American’s happy. 🙂
Everyone has a favorite way of eating meatloaf and my way is with bacon on top and smothered in homemade tomato sauce.
My mom puts her southern foot in her meatloaf and adds brown sugar and mustard to her sauce which is her mad scientist ingredients that leaves you in an abyss of delight and confusion on how can someone makes something this good.
Is there MSG in here? Did you inject this with McDonald’s secret sauce?